Creating Teams: Overview and Add
Teams are groups of people who are qualified to work certain types of shifts. An organization may rename teams in the Shiftboard site to something more fitting for a group. Common replacements are crews, posts, projects, programs, workgroups, groups, or clinics. For our purposes, they're called teams throughout the help documentation.
How to Add a Team
- Click on Teams in the main navigation bar
- On the next screen, click Add
- Title the team (required) and supply other information such as code or description.
- For the option "Automatically Add New Accounts To This Team (yes/no)," consider whether or not to automatically add any new members created in the site to this team or not.
- Click Create Team
Now that a new team has been created, it's time to add members.
- Click on the desired team
- Click Add Members
- Select the checkboxes to the left of the members that should be a part of this team
- Click Add Selected Members
- When creating teams keep in mind that they are siloed, meaning they stand alone. When adjusting the settings and adding Member and Roles to a team it does not affect another team.
- Accidentally delete a team? It's easy to restore that team by going to Team > All Teams > View, Deleted Teams > check the team to restore > Restore.