Creating Teams: Overview and Add
Teams are groups of people who are qualified to work certain types of shifts. An organization may rename teams in the Shiftboard site to something more fitting for a group. Common replacements are crews, posts, projects, programs, workgroups, groups, or clinics. For our purposes, they're called teams throughout the help documentation.
- Navigate to Teams
- Select Add
- Enter the team name and other information if necessary
- For the option "Automatically Add New Accounts To This Team (yes/no)," consider whether or not to automatically add all newly created accounts to this team or not.
- Click Create Team
Add Team Memberships
Now that a new team has been created, it's time to add members.
- Select the team to add members to
- Click Add Members
- Select the checkboxes to the left of the members that should be a part of this team
- Click Add Selected Members
- When creating teams keep in mind that they are siloed, meaning they stand alone. When adjusting the settings and adding Members and Roles to a team it does not affect another team.
- If a team is accidentally deleted, it is easy to restore that team by going to All Teams and viewing Deleted Teams. Select the box next to the team(s) you want to restore and select Restore.