Shiftboard provides a variety of reporting options. All sites include some standard reports such as reports relating to members, the calendar, sign-in sheets, and some basic charts and graphics. Each Shiftboard tool--such as Timekeeping, Time off and Finance--has its own set of reports that come standard with the site. In addition to these standard reports, there is a custom report building tool that allows organizations to create reports with information from different areas of the site
The reports that Shiftboard provides are in a raw data format--either in Excel, csv or tab format. Additionally, some reports can be downloaded in the correct format to be uploaded into other systems such as Trax, ADP or other payroll systems.
Examples of Reports
Shiftboard provides raw data reports relating to all areas of the site:
- People--These reports can show the member(s) who have been scheduled (or not) for a shift during a certain time period, who have a certain qualification, who are part of a particular team, who are within a certain distance of the venue, or any combination of these variables. When the report is downloaded, it will include all the contact information for the members who meet the criteria.
- Calendar/Schedules--These standard reports will show what shifts are available, what shifts have been taken by whom, and the total amount of shifts and hours. Organizations can define what is shown in the report by taking advantage of the many filters such as date, team, and person.
- Timekeeper--There are a few valuable reports related to timekeeping within Shiftboard. One is the adherence report that shows what the scheduled work time was compared to what the actual work time was--with all shift information included like pay rate. Another useful report is the timeclock history report, which shows when members clocked in and out, as well as their GPS (if allowed) or the IP address.
- Finance--Shiftboard comes with some very useful reports like labor cost/forecasting and executive summary reports to check actual results against a budget.
- Custom Reports--This tool allows organizations to create reports that go beyond our standard reports. The most common use is to create reports that have information from two different sections. For example, a Manager may want a shift report that has some personal details in it, like t-shirt size or an expiration date. If you have questions about what is possible or are interested in these tools, please contact our Success team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Get Started with Standard Reporting
There is no set up required for the standard reports available in the site. To find the reporting tools, go to the navigation bar and click the document icon to list the reports grouped by icon. Otherwise, at the bottom of each drop-down list is a link to that area's reports. For staff member reports, simply go to People > All Members > Apply your filters to see the list. Be sure to download the reports to see the full version.