Please note: the Broadcast Message capability is only available to Managers and Site Administrators.
Broadcast Messages can be used to send a single message to multiple recipients by email and SMS/TXT. Broadcasts can be sent to all members, specific teams, or custom groups of members based on profile information, availability, or geographic location.
For example, if there is a last-minute need to fill a shift at a remote location, a broadcast message could be sent to all members of a specific team (or teams) who are not already assigned to work at the time of the open shift.
How to Send a Broadcast Message
Select Teams > Broadcast, then select whether to "Message the organization (everyone)" or 'Message members of specific teams."
Preferences can be set with each message created. Follow the number in the image below to the corresponding explanation.
1. New Message: Displays who the message is sent from
- Reply To--The email address that responses (if any) to the broadcast message will be sent to. This defaults to the email address of the person who is sending the message.
- Name--The name that is displayed in the From field of the sent message.
2. Distribution: Displays who should receive the message
- Teams (Note: this option is only available after selecting "Message members of specific teams")--Click the link to select one or more teams to receive the message.
- Status--Filter recipients based on their status (e.g., good standing, admin hold, etc.).
- Profile--Filter recipients based on a specific profile type.
- Extended Filters (Note: this option is only available after selecting a profile type)--Filter members based on values/attributes in the selected profile type.
- Members/Coordinators/Managers--Use the checkboxes to select whether to send the message to any combination of members, coordinators, or managers.
- Zip/Post Code--Limit recipients based on their proximity to a specific zip/postcode. Select the desired radius from the "This Area" drop-down, then enter the zip/postcode. This option will check proximity based on the address on each member's profile. Any members with no address information in their profile will be excluded from the message distribution.
- Member Activity/Assignments--Use the radio buttons below the zip/postcode entry to select one of the following:
- Everyone--Sends the message to any members who satisfy the other filters/criteria entered.
- Have Signed-on--Sends the message only to members who have signed on to their account at least once.
- Have Not Signed-on--Sends the message only to members who have not yet signed on to their account.
- With Assignments--Sends the message only to members who are currently assigned shifts during a specified day/time range.
- Without Assignments--Sends the message only to members who are not currently assigned shifts during a specified day/time range.
3. Information: The content to include in the message
4. Sending Options: Once finished with the entries above, select Next to continue and see a preview of the message.
- Preview Message--See how the message will look to a recipient.
- Edit Message--Return to the previous screen to make additional changes.
- Send Now--Send the message to all specified recipients.
Broadcast messages are always sent as emails to members. Formatting like any other email service is available such as font types and sizes, underlines, hyperlinks and other options. Messages can also be sent as text messages, and members can opt-in to this service on the notification tab in their profile. Members will always get an email even if they opt into texts; they will receive both. If choosing to send texts as well as emails, the formatting is no longer available.
If you have any questions about Broadcast Messaging, please contact email@example.com.