Custom Shift Fields
Custom shift fields can be added to track additional information specific to your organization. This data may be visible to your workers within each of their shifts based on visibility settings for each field.
Shiftboard offers three types of custom fields:
- Text Fields: open text field for schedulers to type up to 40 characters. Text fields cannot be filtered in reporting since, but the data will appear in reports.
- Dropdown Fields: a selection of predefined options where only one option can be selected. Reports can be filtered by these values.
- Multipick Fields: a list of predefined values that allow a scheduler to select multiple options. Reports can be filtered by these values.
Adding Custom Shift Fields
Custom shift fields can be added by Site Administrators.
- Go to Settings > Application Settings > Schedules
- Scroll down to Custom Field Settings and select the type of custom field you want to add
- Select the checkbox next to the field and fill in the singular and plural form of the field name
- If adding dropdown or multiselect fields, select Edit Allowed Values. It will open a new tab for you to add your predefined list of options
- Once you have all the values added, return to the first tab and select Submit
- On the main schedule page, select Update to save all of the changes