The General Availability tool is useful if members have recurring times or days that they are always available or always busy. They only need to indicate a busy time or an available time depending on how the Shiftboard site is configured. Shiftboard will always suggest the correct choice for the site.
Members may be able to select a specific team that the entry applies to and specific hours that they can or can't work, or leave these options as "Any Team" and "All Day" to completely block out or be able to work that day.
Members can also set boundaries on the duration of their entry by using the "From another date" and "Until a specific date" options. If they leave the entry "Open-ended," then it will be permanent, but if they choose "Until a specific date," then Shiftboard will automatically remove the entry after that date has passed.
If adding a single entry, members can click "Add" to complete the process, but if they'd like to add a number of entries in quick succession, they can use the "Add Another" option to save the entry and refresh this page for the next entry.
How To Add General Availability:
- Go to calendar tab on the navigation bar and click Availability. On the next page, click Add Time.
- Decide if you will be available or busy.
- Select the days of the week you are available or busy.
- Select the team you wish to enter this availability for otherwise, Shiftboard will assume it is site wide.
- Select if you'd like this availability to span an entire day or specific hours during that day by clicking the radio button for either "All Day" or "During Specific Hours." If you select "During Specific Hours," enter the start and end time.
- Select if this availability begins today (the day you are entering it) or from another date by clicking the radio button for either "From Today" or "From Another Date." If you select "From Another Date," enter the start date.
- Select if this availability is open-ended (does not have an end date) or is only until a specific day by clicking the radio button for either "Open Ended" or "Until a Specific Date." If you select "Until a Specific Date," enter the end date.
- Select "Add" when completed.