Course 6: Advanced Shift Creation
Course Title: Advanced Shift Creation
Length: 1.5 hours
Number of Seats: 10
Topics to be covered: Students will learn how to customize shift fields and the calendar itself to meet specific organization’s scheduling needs. This course will also cover how tools like tradeboard and the standby list can be used to manage the schedule without a manager or administrator ever having to log in to the site. Bulk tools will also be quickly reviewed, along with some of the issues managers may run into when performing various actions. Finally, students will learn a little bit about our demand planning tool which can be used to build a schedule using specific business metrics like expected customer volume and wait time.
Who Should Take this Course?: This course is intended for anyone heavily involved in building the schedule from week to week that is very familiar with the Shiftboard’s more basic scheduling tools. The aim of this course is to develop the skills of Managers and Site Administrators interested in some of the higher-level scheduling tools Shiftboard provides. Coordinators who are involved in managing published shifts should also consider taking this course.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
· Use role restrictions to ensure the member working a shift has the correct training
· Create and manage custom shift fields to track the information relevant to an organization.
· Duplicate a month’s worth of shifts and preserve the members assigned to a static schedule
· Use the Shiftboard auto-assign tool with ease.
· Use prioritized pick-ups to give access to certain shifts to preferred members first.
· Used delayed publishing to release a schedule on a later date.
Interested in registering for this pilot course? Please follow the link below to submit your information and reserve your seat!
- Date: Wednesday, June 12th, 2019
Time: 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM PST