A timecard is a record of hours that a member worked and can be used for reporting or payroll purposes. When using the time clock tool, timecards are automatically created once a member has clocked in/out for their shift.
If the time clock is disabled or a member may have forgotten to clock-in for their shift, a timecard can be entered by going to People>Timecard.
Adding a Timecard
To create a timecard:
- Go to People>Timecard if you are a Manager or Site Administrator, if you are a member, click on 'Timecard' in the top navigation bar on the far right.
- Next, you will see a list of timecards submitted, click on the 'Add Timecard' button.
- Depending on the site configuration, you can either click on 'Enter a timecard with no shift...' to submit time without a shift associated or:
- As a Manager or Site Administrator, you will want to choose the member name from the 'MEMBER' drop-down, choose the shift you wish to associate then click 'CHOOSE THIS POSITION' to then come to a final screen that provides the option to adjust any of the details on the timecard as necessary.
- As a Member, you will choose your shift from the 'SHIFT' drop-down and select 'CHOOSE THIS POSITION' to then come to a final screen that provides the option to adjust any of the details on the timecard as necessary.
More detailed instructions can be found to the right of the screen.
Associate Timecards/Clock Ins With Shifts
When members clock in or submit a timecard they can be asked to associate their work with a specific shift.
Manage this by going into Settings > Application Settings > Timekeeper, and then selecting the first setting labeled "Associate Timecards/Clock-ins with Shifts." "Never" means that the member isn't asked about a specific shift. A general timecard will be created for them without any details from any assigned shift. "Always" means that the member must select a specific shift that they have been scheduled to work. All of the data for that shift will be associated with their timecard automatically. "Sometimes" means that members have the option to associate their timecard with a specific shift, or to create a timecard without any shift information associated with it.
Approving and Processing a Timecard
After a timecard is submitted, the next step is to review, approve, and process the timecard. To do this, select the link under the date column to display the timecard detail screen. Once on this screen, add edits or notes if needed before approving and processing the timecard. If the information appears correct and no further edits are required, select the appropriate checkbox to change the status of the timecard. Approving a timecard will lock the timecard from being edited. It is suggested that you do not approve a timecard until after you have verified all timecard details are correct. Processing a timecard will not make any functional changes to the timecard. It will simply remove it from the default timecard report. You can always add a filter to the report to show you processed timecards at a later time.
Approving/Processing in Bulk
Approving and processing a timecard can also be done in bulk from the timecard list page. In order to approve/process in bulk, select multiple timecards using the first column and then choose the "Approve" or "Process" button above the timecard list.
The timecard report can be used to manage payroll for your employees externally. By selecting the Download Report option, you will get more details in an Excel spreadsheet format for each timecard, including rates and notes.